Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Interbike On-dirt demo, today!

Today was the second day of the big on-dirt demo at Interbike. (first day was yesterday but I was traveling here to Vegas) The even is held in Bootleg Canyon in Boulder City, Nevada. Bootleg is an amazing place where the impressiveness in the amount of trails is only surpassed by how impressively dry the air is and how sharp the rocks are. I think that this is a great location to test full suspension bikes because tire pressures need to be high to deal with the rocks and the ground is so dry that traction is at minimum. In my opinion it's a perfect place to feel the differences in traction between different bikes and suspensions.

I also like it because the bikes that I have worked on seem to perform very well there, so what's not to like.. heh

What really amazed me about today was how many riders braved conditions not really conducive to human life to come out and ride all of the new bikes on the market. I was thrilled to see that the Ibis, Pivot, and Turner booths were almost completely devoid of bikes all day long. I talked to a lot of riders and dealers who all had their own stories about their personal levels of excitedness about the bikes that they rode. From my perspective the excitement level for the dw-link bikes was very high, and I am my own harshest critic, so it was a really good day. I want to say thanks to everyone who came out and tested the bikes, I'm looking forward to tomorrow where I can meet more riders and talk about the riding experiences that people had over the last couple of days.

Day 1 of the show tomorrow.

No comments: