Thursday, September 4, 2008

The dw-link blog is alive!

Hi!

My name is Dave Weagle, and this is my first blog post. Ever. I've been wanting to do this for years, but really, the task of setting up a blog just seemed so huge and time consuming. Thanks to my wife however, I now see how silly that was.

I've wanted to start this blog so that I have a place to write and catalog some of the many pieces of information that I frequently share on the internet. You see, almost 10 years ago I started riding mountain bikes. I got REAAALLY into mountain bikes, rode most every day. I happened to also be REAAALLLY into vehicle suspensions, and for a lot longer than I was into bikes. Put two passions together and you have my situation today. Over the last bunch of years, I've been fortunate enough to be able to apply some of my suspension ideas to bicycles and most recently motorcycles. They have been pretty well received by riders I think. Along the way I've had the opportunity to apply for some patents to help protect the work I've done, and the bikes that I have designed have won a few World Championships (6) and made a ton of people happy as riders.

Typically I find myself on the fine interweb message boards acting as a tutor, explainer, etc... The fine boards that I frequent are mtbr.com and ridemonkey.com, typically the downhill boards, as that's my favorite riding discipline. Usually I get a question directed to me and put a good amount of typing time into answering the question, but soon the info becomes lost or buried. Typical forum stuff, no big deal. The thing that's tough is that the same question comes back up in three weeks. Sure, I know what you are thinking, save some info somewhere on my cut and paste machine, or maybe become one of those "search feature encouragement Nazi's".

I don't know how I feel about that really. I think that this may be at least as good of a way. We will see.

This blog is the place where I can explain the finer technical points of how the systems I design work, perhaps put some information about new products that are coming out, I don't know, let's see how it goes and take it from there, OK?! I'm looking forward to this.

Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments: